Who We Are
The National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools (NAPPS) is the apex association of private school owners in Nigeria. NAPPS was created to promote the welfare and interaction of proprietors of private schools and the advancement of quality educational services in the country
We strive to be the incubator of knowledge and orientation required to provide and create the change needed for national development and transformation.
The association shall be committed to the comprehensive education and nurturing of the Nigerian Child for functionality, quality living and nation building.
- Religious Tolerance
Aim & Objectives
- To promote the advancement of quality educational services in Nigeria.
- To collaborate with the Government people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the provision of the world class educational administration, delivery of quality education, maintenance of appropriate standards and best global practices.
- To promote the welfare and interaction of private schools’ proprietors in the country.
- To promote self-regulatory and oversight functions in the operations of private schools in the country and act as a liaison body between the operators of private schools and the government for evolving conducive educational policies and quality control of private schools in the federation.
- To promote collaboration between the Government at all levels, their educational agencies and the private sector educational services providers.
- To partner with government at all levels in the area of policy formulation, development, implementation, quality control and evaluation of the implementations of policies.
- To keep members abreast of development, new trends, teaching methods and aids by ensuring quality professional publications, workshops, seminars and conferences for teachers and administrators.
- To co-operate with government at all levels and any similar or any relevant organization for the general progress, protection and welfare of the Nigerian Child.
- To consider and express views on all proposed legislation, national and international issues with regards to socio-political economic and educational delivery system in Nigeria and beyond.
- To co-operate with other organization whose aims and objectives are in harmony with those of the association and in conformity with the provision of the constitution of the Association.
- To institutionalize, maintain and foster representative democracy, discipline and strict observance of the role of law in the association.
- To promote social, political, economic consciousness and the general welfare of the members, with a view to permanently ensuring the establishment of freedom, dignity of labour, equity, fraternity and happiness for all the members.
- To promote and upload the practice of internal democracy at all levels of the Association’s organs.
- To actively condemn and resist all forms of oppression and exploitation of members.
- To protect members from undue harassment.
- To sponsor and organize sporting activities among private schools or collaborate with the government and other relevant stakeholders to organize sporting activities.
- To enact relevant provision in the bye-laws with respect to the details of the social welfare of the members.