NEW YEAR MESSAGE TO ESTEEMED NAPPS MEMBERS NATIONWIDE BY THE NATIONAL PRESIDENT NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PROPRIETORS OF PRIVATE SCHOOLS (NAPPS)
*NEW YEAR MESSAGE TO ESTEEMED NAPPS MEMBERS NATIONWIDE BY THE NATIONAL PRESIDENT NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PROPRIETORS OF PRIVATE SCHOOLS (NAPPS) *
1. I heartily congratulate every member of the National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools(NAPPS) nationwide for the successful cross over to the year 2022.
2. We thank the Almighty God for the gift of life while we remember and solemnly pray for the souls of our departed colleagues to continue to rest in perfect peace. Amen.
3. You will agree with me that the year 2021 was a continuation of the year 2020 especially with the COVID-19 pandemic still in sight. I, therefore, urge members to go for the required vaccinations/ jabs as vaccination remains the only way to effectively tackle the scourge for now.
4. In the same manner, let's fortify the COVID - 19 safety protocol facilities in our various schools and also make sure that strict adherence to the safety protocols is maintained at all times in our schools.
5. In Nigeria, the effects of the resulting economic lockdown and closure of schools in the bid to contain the spread of the virus in 2020 lingered in the year 2021. This, coupled with poor economic decisions by the Government affected the already fragile economy badly. The manifestation of this is what we are currently experiencing in form of increasing costs of doing business at the country and prices of goods and services. This of course has had a great impact on the efficient running of schools.
6. However, we are grateful that in all of this adversity, the majority of our members have been able to overcome the setbacks of the pandemic/ high rate of inflation to forge ahead with great expectations. I encourage us to be more strategic in our decisions and planning.
7. My theme for this new year message is "Embracing Team Spirit for Better NAPPS.*
Team spirit is the feeling of pride and loyalty that exists among the members of a team and that makes them want their team to do well or to be the best.
This theme underscores the importance of a team in achieving the objectives of the association.
Teamwork is the process of working collaboratively to achieve a goal. The team understands the goals and is committed to attaining them. Team members have a strong sense of belonging.
8. Therefore, I implore us to imbibe team spirit in our purpose of repositioning our great association. All levels of the association must work together as a team. This is necessary for the association to be above its peers in every ramification.
9. To ensure that NAPPS is above its peers, we request your support for various NAPPS Projects/ Programmes that are ongoing or about to hold. Some of which are stated below but not limited to the following:
i. NAPPS Termly Unified Examination:
ii. Concessionary Interest loans
iii. NAPPS Scheme of Work
iv. NAPPS Pending Bill
v. NAPPS National Cooperative
vi. National Children's Day Programme
vii. National Secretariat Project
viii. National Sports Festival
ix. Prompt Payment& Collection of NAPPS Due at all levels
10. We seek your support and commitment to the above projects/ programmes of the association in its journey towards greatness.
11. Specifically, we encourage prompt payment of annual dues at all NAPPS administrative levels. This is to ensure that we achieve a seamlessly run NAPPS at all levels.
12. I enjoin us to shun every activity that is inimical to the growth of the association. Our strength lies in our ability to see ourselves as members of a team that is committed to a cause.
13. It is imperative that we take the issue of security within our schools and home so seriously. Contact any of the National officers on how to benefit from NAPPS synergy with DZ Global security and Hunter association of Nigeria.
14. Lastly, we appreciate the support you have all been giving for our numerous programmes/ projects.
We cannot forget the support you gave to achieve a successfully held 2021 NAPPS National Conference.
Your continued support is therefore cherished to achieve better NAPPS.
15. In conclusion, I want to appreciate the members of BOT, NEC & CWC for their resilience and commitment over time, also States and Local Executives are equally appreciated. I thank all the elders and members of NAPPS nationwide for their support at all times, as we celebrate the start of another year,
May 2022 bring joy and happiness to you and your family. May the year also start the turnaround we crave as members of NAPPS,
May our businesses flourish just as our new year wishes come true.
I wish you all a prosperous year 2022.
16. Thank you and God bless.
Chief Yomi Otubela Fcma
National President NAPPS.
For National Executive Council.